You will be redirected to my new site in a few seconds! Click here to go there now!

5.27.2007

Memories...

So, life is a bitch sometimes. She is also a sweety pie sometimes. Tonight she was both. Life was a sweet-tart. I have been away from my friends for what seems like an eternity. I have only been away from them physically for about three months, but we started drifting apart long before then. I first met my great group of gay friends in spring of 2006. I was just coming out to everyone and becoming confortable with my sexuality. These people were more like family and supported me more than my own family. We did everything together. We would always get drunk and go to the club two and a half hours of a drive away. My friend, Eric helped me revamp my wardrobe and helped me clean up for the boys. My friend, Jeremy helped me with all the technological advances that my sheltered corn field life was deprived of. My friend, Nathan helped me pick up boys and taught me so much about what to do and not to do in relationships or during sex. These people saved me. These people brought me to the place I am now. If it were not for them, I would still be working at McDonald's, probably still living in my parents' house in dot-on-the-map, USA. To my point: I miss them. Today there were things that reminded me of all my friends. I was listening to techno music, I used some cocoa body scrub in the shower that I bought with my friend, and tons of other little things that triggered immense, intense, vivid nostelgia. It all hit me at once. It was so intense of a feeling that I found myself locked into a place in time. I could remember so many things, so many little memories: going to ge chinese food on a rainy day, watching project runway, smoking cigarettes while making hemp necklaces, partying at the appartment. These might not sound like much "fun", but it was all full of love and unity. I always knew what each one of my friends was doing at any given 10 minute incriments. They always knew what was going on with me. If something was wrong, my phone would ring off the hook. I couldn't go a day without them all knowing my business. I would usually hate anyone else doing this, but since it was people I loved more than the world, I welcomed it. There is no greater feeling in the world than for people to actually KNOW you and love you despite knowing you so well, with all of your inperfections and flaws. Anyway, I am going to sleep tonight drifting on the seas of yesterday... maybe I can revisit yesterday tonight. If I don't return, I could be happy with that.

1 comment:

DeWayne in SD said...

This Post a little sad,Melancholy even. Missing absent friends? But it is ultimately affirming,why? I think you realize how important GOOD friends can be. In the end it is the Quality of our friends not the Quantity that will matter most in your life. Nice Blog BTW ;) Take Care