You will be redirected to my new site in a few seconds! Click here to go there now!

6.29.2007

One has to do what one has to do.

So. As you all know, I am pretty new to the whole adult star scene. I am trying to build my name and status up just like the next guy. I know that some may look at me and think I have a glamorous life. I do, but it isn't the kind of glamour one may envision. I am going to tell you all a secret. Well, I suppose it isn't a secret after I tell you. Here goes. I have been working at a grocery store for about a week. The only reason I took the job was so that I could occupy my time and have some extra cash coming in. I hated working there. I say hate in the past tesne because today I quit. Yes. This is the first time ever that I have quit a job without having another one lined up already. I hated working there. I was a courtesy clerk and all I did everyday was bag groceries, sweep the store, take in carts and stupid shit like that. I am 19 fucking years old. I do not need that. I can and ill find something more fun to occupy my time with. I have been thinking about starting a band and starting to paint again. I could make ill money from painting. I am really good. So, the reason I am telling you all this is because I have a special purpose for it. I always have a hidden agenda when I am posting these entrees. Sometimes I want to share what I learned. Sometimes I want to make you think. Today though, I want to give advice. Life is so fucking short, right? The time we are alotted on this planet is so minimal. We only have a few short years to make an impact on this planet and on human kind as a whole. Working at a dead end job is not an option for people who have big plans. You don't have to put up with it. You can find any kind of job that you want. You do not have to settle for a shitty minimum wage job that you hate. I have come to realize that if we only have so much time on this earth, I want to make the most of it. Always. There is no such thing as temporary for me anymore. I will not; I refuse to settle because, "Oh, well... it's just tempoerary". Temporary is a myth. All that word means is that you are being lazy and stopping for a break in the middle of the journey. You have someplace to be! You or I do not have time to take breaks or rest. I have something amazing and huge to achieve. Nothing is going to slow me down. I must always puh forward. Working at a grocery store is not going to do that for me. I don't think of it so much as quitting as I do getting out of a firey furnace that was burning me to ashes day by day. I escaped, I didn't quit. Quitting infers that there was a goal in mind that you gave up on. What was my goal at the store? Nothing. I had no goals there. I didn't care about the store or how it looked. I didn't benifit at all from working there except maybe that I learned this profound lesson about life being too short to be mundane and pointless. So. My advice to you who are doing something you hate and know that you need to move on: do it! Move on while you still can. You are not a bad person for following your heart and dreams. When you do, everything will work out in the end. Think of it as letting go so you can grab on to what you really want.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I actually like the job I have now, it's data entry, this project could be for 2 years, Still trying to get into the field I enjoy (desk top publishing)

Have a fun weekend.