You will be redirected to my new site in a few seconds! Click here to go there now!

6.28.2007

Things I miss. Like the desert misses the rain.

Ok. So Las Vegas isn’t a tropical oasis of plenty. Where I am from there was more than enough water so that we could have water balloon fights and play in the sprinkler when it was hot outside. Here in Las Vegas we do not waste water. Another thing I miss is Vernor's. All it is is Ginger Ale. But, it is so sweet and delicious. It is good with vanilla ice cream blended together. It is quite embarassing when I go someplace and eat and ask if they have Vernors and they ask "What the hell is that?". Then I say with my deer-in-headlights look,"It is a kind of POP!". Then they ask me again, even more dumbfounded," And what in the world is pop?"

See, living in Las Vegas is like living in a foreign country for me. I am from the north and everything is so different up there. I did not realize this, but people from Michigan have accents. I don't think I have a srong one, but when I went home it became apparant to me that people there really do have an accent. It was strange.

Another thing I kind of miss about Michigan are the lakes. I love to swim. Going to the beach was my favorite thing to do. Now, here in Las Vegas the only lake we have is Lake Mead. It scares me to go because I would get all burnt from the su and probably get skin cancer. That is not attractive. So, I stay inside most of the day and try and kep cool. Plus, I have no pool in the back which really sucks ass. I really hate where I am living right now. I live in this huge house with roommates. I don't know half of them and they always steal my plates and spoons and drink my ginger ale. GRR!! I can't tan outside either. Not that I would dare take the risk here, but it is something I liked to do.

So. Being in Las Vegas is a strange transition from living in Michigan my entire life. I do not miss Michigan at all, just a few things that are in Michigan.

I do miss the rain.

3 comments:

Drew said...

Ah pop, I find it intersting there's lots of names for soda.

http://www.gayauthors.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=4293&hl=soda

Even if you have tanning lotion with sb (?) on still shouldn't tan outside?

Blair Mason said...

Tanning in the middle of the desert is probably not the safest avenue to go. So, I just don't do it

Unknown said...

Yea to true.