You will be redirected to my new site in a few seconds! Click here to go there now!

8.15.2007

Bizzarro much?




Once again my trite little habits take me down a rabbit hole I never expected nor intended to go down. I am talking about another documentary.
This one is called "Rabbits". It is quite literally what I imagine could be a dream I once had. The characters are all dressed in rabbit suits and they speak nothing but absolute randomness. My mind is quite literally randomness and the only way to tell one thought from another is by noting the different sorts of suits or facades they render themselves in. At least that was my feeble attempt at rationalizing this horrific nightmare of a film. I had only heard brief little murmurings of the man who created this film, David Lynch, apparently has a reputation for himself as being the man who makes awfully creative and crazy films. I am definitely going to watch the other films he has done and finish this one. But, fair warning, this is not your typical film. It is more like a painting by Dali pent up in walls of modern media form: video. It makes no sense and really provokes involuntary analysis of every little detail. From the green strange walls to the eery lighting. To the quite random applause from an unseen audience in no relevance or correlation to the even more random sentences that spew from these rabbit's mouths. Watch and see. You might find yourself turning into a psychoanalytical viewer... involuntarily of course.
Here is the link to the film. Click Here.

No comments: