You will be redirected to my new site in a few seconds! Click here to go there now!

8.22.2007

Human Flaws


We all get sick from time to time. The ironic thing is that we never expect to fall ill. I never ever get sick. I guess my body is just telling me that I have dis ease about something. My psychology is all screwed up right now. I need to get this taken care of. I have a philosophy about disease. If you break up the stems of the word you get dis ease. Which means a body, mind, and spirit which is not at ease with itself. One of those three elements cannot bear the whole burden of stress, so when your mind is overwhelmed, your body has to take some of the load. Think about it. When you feel immense pain, you don't care if someone hurt you in the past or that the teller at the bank was rude the day before, you just want to get rid of the pain at hand. I think that is our systems way of relieving some areas of the self when we are too stupid to realize we are damaging our balance. The same goes for the mind taking the workload off the body. I personally laugh hysterically when I feel sudden unexpected pain. When I hit my head or something bites me, I laugh. Endorphins are at the heart of this quirkiness. The mind produces endorphins to counteract the pain.
So, see when we fall sick it is most likely because there is an imbalance in our system. Luckily for me I already know where the imbalance is. It is in two places. One is my mind. It is all screwed up. I am worried about everything under the sun and it feels like time is running out. That is an issue that may have plausible concerns, but most likely can be fixed if I take some initiative and become more proactive. The other is my body. I have not been drinking any water and I have been going out running, literally, errands for three days. I am wearing myself out and I am not taking care of myself the way I need to. So now I see this pandemonium forming, this vicious cycle of balancing. My mind is stressed and it is causing my body to take the burden off my mind. My body is stressed and my mind is trying to take the burden off my body. The good thing about this is that when the mind take the burden something happens that is kind of a miracle of sorts. Endorphins are created to make one feel better. So,in this specific case, my body is taking the burden for my mind, and my mind is taking the burden off my body. So in all actuality my mind is taking the burden of itself. Maybe my theory is wrong, but it makes sense to me.


*photo via wayodd.com

No comments: