You will be redirected to my new site in a few seconds! Click here to go there now!

8.29.2007

Inferma

Michael Moore is probably the most controversial documentary producer of this day. His new film, Sicko is now out and loud. It documents the flaws and villains of the health care industry. If you watch the film, you can really feel the pain of the people telling their HMO horror stories. It is all very profound and heart wrenching, yes, but the gravity of America's destitute doesn't hit you until you witness something first hand.
Today I took the bus to the gym. At the bus stop I saw a security car pull up to the bus stop. I saw a crying woman put one leg out of the car, pause, and with a shriek of pain she lobbed the other one out of the car. She nudged herself out of the car, doubled over, sobbing. She couldn't walk. Her arm was in a sling. She was wearing a hospital gown and hospital bracelets. She couldn't pay her bill and the hospital kicked her to the curb. Literally. She was delirious and didn't know where she was. She kept asking for a cab, but apparently the hospital was too cheap to pay for one. She wouldn't have gotten home if it wasn't for this wonderful nurse that works at the hospital. She nursed her on the bus and guided her home.
I was so disturbed. Sure, it was sad to see someone who was obviously in need of serious medical attention thrown out like garbage to the curb, but what was more disturbing was that I myself do not have health insurance. If I, God forbid, got in a car crash I would be out of work and I wouldn't be able to pay the hospital bill and I would be thrown to the curb, too. This makes me kind of scared to tell you the truth. I don't want to offend anyone when I say this: but I hate America. I love the America of yesterday. The America that I love takes care of its citizens in time of need. The America I love saves you when you can't save yourself. The America of today doesn't care about its citizens lives, freedoms, nor their pursuit of happiness. The America of today is run by a tyrant government. I wish people would wake up and start a revolution. when will we say enough is enough and stand up for ourselves as human beings? When are we going to turn off the god damned TV and start learning what is going on without the help of lobbying mainstream media? If you don't care about your rights as a human being, then maybe you should care for the rights of those you love. How would you feel if you mother died because of a hospital bill? How would you feel if the IRS repossessioned all of your things because you made a mistake in your tax report? How would you feel if you knew that your children were being brainwashed in the public school system so that they came out prepared to be a drone of the tyrant government? Well, I am quite positive you would be upset. If you didn't you are not human.
I don't mean to throw anyone off guard to make anyone upset... I just want to tell you that I am upset. I am upset and I am sick of people to talking about the fucking elephant in the middle of the room.

5 comments:

Drew said...

School system where i lived, hated using the sol no child left behind, really doesn't work. My mom is a speical ed teacher, rules didn't change for her. But some things did change for rest of us, even just in self contained classes.

Michael Moore has some excellent points, but he does stretch things, honestly most wouldn't want to pay like a health system like Canada, Half the things Moore says I don't agree with.

With that "Patriot act" Most or some agreed to it by fear, they don't mind giving freedom for a piece of security. which we all know is pretty stupid.

Drew said...

I know this comment is going to be well received, just what I thought, take care everyone.

Anonymous said...

"Blair" (or is it Troy?), I want you to know, that while I certainly enjoy your adult work, your blog demonstrates your intellectual potential, and I hope one day you do eventually find your way into the world of higher education. You really have the chance to succeed. Remember, age will fade your looks, but only enhance your wisdom. Best of luck to you.

Drew said...

Can't really talk for him, but here it's Blair. I agree maybe something like a professor, or using his knowledge in a different area.

organblower said...

That *old America* to which you referred is Canada. Our income tax might be higher but you can afford to get sick or break a leg here.

Blair, have you ever thought of journalism as a career?