You will be redirected to my new site in a few seconds! Click here to go there now!

7.11.2007

Saying Goodnight. A Trip to the Stars

It is so funny the timing of me coming across this story. Last night Ben and I were on our way to the gym and I mentioned something about how it seems as though anyone who has fame and success is either eccentric, crazy, or both. The first person who popped in my head, and probably yours, too, was Tom Cruise. What a FA-REAK!!! I said to Ben, “You know, every time I see Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes together at big events and things, all I can picture is that she is wearing a belt with a built in shock device under her clothes and that Tom is hiding the remote in his pocket.
See what I mean. Look at where his hand is. And Katie's half-witted smile tells me that this notion may not be far from the truth. He is probably zapping her at that very moment.

Anyway... back to why I brought this up in the first place. Unlike the terribly boring Britney story I blogged about yesterday I think it was, this story actually had some meat to it. Something I could gnaw(that is a technical term) on while I dream tonight.

Our buddy, Tom is a freakazoid to say the least. And, before you go and blame it on the lens flare and all the fame and success, because we know how stressful it is to have your bank account get below a quadrillion dollars, think about the fact that this dude has been practicing in a bizarre cult for a few years. Someone else I know studies Scientology, also. I won't say anything out of respect for this person. But They are quite the eccentric, some may say, crazy character also. But not anywhere close to the crazy-choke-miss-Operah-on-her-own-show-during-prime-time-television-crazy, so don't worry.

Out friend, Tommy, as I am reading, was going to be banned from filming in Germany because of his so called "religious" beliefs. The U.S State Department said that Germany, if officials followed through on their ban, would be committing employment discrimination against scientologists. They backed down, but only by keeping their loopholes in place so they could still say, “Sorry, Crazy, you scare us... go away".

Germany has some bad tiffs with Tom Cruise. Even its own citizens boycotted the Mission: Impossible because of his wacko beliefs. I am sorry. I didn't mean to say "wacko". What I meant to say(maybe this being more PC)his questionable and controversial beliefs cause quite a stir.

People take religion, specifically the one they follow, very seriously. More times than not they take it gravely serious. People in the middle east are dying because of religious disagreements. Quite frankly, I don't want to get into all of this right now. I will save it for another day. Just know this: I believe that we are all searching for the truth. We weren't greeted by God when we slugged out of our mothers' vaginal canal, so how the fuck are we all supposed to have it all figured out. And how can people be so arrogant to think that THEY are the ones with every answer to every question about God that was ever asked or will be asked? It baffles me. BUT!!! For another day... very soon.

And this was Saying Goodnight. A Trip to the Stars

No comments: