You will be redirected to my new site in a few seconds! Click here to go there now!

7.01.2007

Because it was Regina, it made it ok

So, I love to sing. I know, shocking thought, right?! Anyone who knows me knows that singing is one of the things you couldn't make me quit doing even if it meant I would sit in jail forever for doing it. This morning was a manifestation of this love of mine. I was very busy doing random, yet vald and important things and I needed something to keep my right brain happy while my left brain was hard at work. Or is it the other way around? I can't recall at the moment it is 1:37am. Be thankful I am taking the time to post this nonsense. Just kidding. Any hoot. I was in the mood for something saultry yet bitter yet sweet yet suttle. I was in the mood for Regina Spektor. I started with the stecatto strings of Fidelity and didn't stop singing my lungs out until the sweet piano and music box of 20 Years of Snow. Tonight before I went in the shower my roommate said, "Were you jamming out to some Regina Spektor this morning? I had to close my door because you were singin so loud, then I realized it was Regina, and it made it all ok". I thought it was cute that a butch straight man would be so eager to tell me about his love for Regina Spektor, a mellow singer whose songs make a tiny bit of sense when they aren't about chopping of Samson's hair or carrying on about all of those "That Times" we are all to familiar about. Speaking of which, I am off to make some "that times" tomorrow. Maybe I will write a song about it like miss Regina did. Anyway, if you have never heard her before here is a little sampler for you. Enjoy!!!

That is such a fun song it reminds me of summer time and making memories with friends.

This is the most beautiful love song I have ever heard in my life. I remember having relationships that I had to keep secret. They soon died and nobody even knew how happy it was or ould have been. Nobody ever mentioned it and all I have are the memories from it. This song relates to me so much.


1 comment:

Drew said...

Fidelity video I like alot espt at the end with smearing colours around. Have only like 5 or 10 songs of hers. ^_^